Why don't I see sleep data?
Wear OS and Google Fit
To see sleep data in Cardiogram, the best thing to do is use a third-party app that tracks and shares sleep data to your Apple Health or Google Fit app. Cardiogram will then be able to retrieve and display when you slept.
- Open the App Store or Google Play.
- Search for sleep tracking apps. Some options are Pillow, Sleep for Android, and SleepCycle.
- Grant any necessary permissions and install it.
- Make sure that you've set up the app to add data to Apple Health or Google Fit. For example, for Sleep for Android, go to Settings > Services > Google Fit and follow the instructions on the screen.
For Apple Watch to record a sleep session, you must first set up the "Sleep" app on your watch.
We don't recommend using third-party automatic sleeping apps on the Apple Watch as they can cause additional sleep tags or conflicts. Once the data is imported to your Cardiogram profile the data is hard to remove.
Set up Sleep on Apple Watch
- Open the Sleep app on your Apple Watch. The icon looks like a blue bed frame.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. You can also open the Health app on iPhone, tap Browse, tap Sleep, then tap Get Started (under Set Up Sleep).
Cardiogram imports your sleep data directly from the "Health" app. Be sure that Cardiogram has access to importing sleep data on your iPhone by going to your iPhone's settings app.
- Tap on "Privacy."
- Tap on "Health."
- Tap on "Cardiogram."
- Ensure all categories are turned on to ensure all available data is imported to your profile.
Fitbit and Garmin users
The Fitbit and Garmin apps record your sleep and share it directly with Cardiogram.
If you don't see sleep data in Cardiogram and you've been wearing your device to sleep, follow the instructions below to reconnect your account.
To reconnect your Fitbit or Garmin account:
- Open the sidebar in the Cardiogram app
- Under "Link your wearables," tap either Fitbit or Garmin
- Disconnect your account
- Re-open the sidebar, tap Fitbit or Garmin again.
- Log in to your account and provide permissions to re-share your heart rate and sleep data with Cardiogram.