If you're not able to see your Apple Watch data in Cardiogram
We are actively investigating an issue related to older iPhone users. Please visit the status page for more information. https://cardiogram.statuspage.io/
If you cannot view any new data from your Apple Watch on your Cardiogram profile or if the app hasn't been updated, then you can follow these steps to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Let's begin with the basics!
- Start by restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch to eliminate any immediate conflicts that might be causing the issue.
- Ensure that both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on both your devices.
- Finally, ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch have been updated to the latest version of iOS and WatchOS.
The Cardiogram app for your iPhone requires iOS 13 or above.
The Cardiogram companion app for the Apple Watch requires WatchOS 6.2. and above.
Cardiogram doesn't connect directly to your Apple Watch for data. Instead, all of the data you see in Cardiogram is imported from the database that your Apple Watch syncs to. That database is called "HealthKit," which you can access through the Health app on your iPhone. To isolate this a bit more, let's make sure that your watch is syncing with your iPhone first and then that Cardiogram can import the data from that database on your iPhone.
Check to see that your Apple Watch is syncing data to your iPhone:
- Open the "Health" app on your iPhone.
- Tap the "Browse" tab at the bottom.
- Tap "Heart."
- If your Apple Watch is actively syncing with your iPhone, you will see a heart rate summary for "today."
If you don't see a heart rate measured today, your watch is not syncing with your iPhone. If this is the case, follow these troubleshooting steps from Apple - Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone.
The final step on that document is to pair your watch again with your iPhone, which can resolve the issue in most cases.
If your Apple Watch is syncing data into the "Health" app on your iPhone, and you see a heart measurement taken today, try checking to make sure Cardiogram has permission to import your health data from the "Health" app.
- Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
- Tap on "Privacy."
- Tap on "Health."
- Tap on "Cardiogram."
- Make sure every Category is turned on for Cardiogram. Occasionally, after your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Cardiogram updates, you may have to turn off all of the categories and then turn them all back on to reset Cardiogram's permissions.